[Amps] Retraction with regard to the SB220

Robert Morris robrk at nidhog.net
Thu Mar 27 22:37:03 EDT 2008

Try one rule...if it works, don't fix it. Try them before you rip them
apart. When you get them back together and they don't work, was it
before or after? There are hundreds of SB220's on the air that don't
know they need to be "improved". Run them for a while, learn how they
work, stock, read stuff, then decide if they need anything. Do one at a
time, leaving one to look at.

Jeff Carter wrote:
> Okay, someone just told me I've committed a faux pas.  I've come here
> to correct myself.
>
> There's a subject regarding my two project amps (both SB-220's) that
> just isn't discussed in public anymore due to some sort of argument
> that happened long before I ever knew this list existed.  I didn't ask
> about it to start another fight, I was merely trying to gather
> information, and for those who were offended, I can only offer my
> apologies.  I will try to avoid any mention of it in the future and I
> retract my former mention of the subject.
>
> Now that *that's* out of the way, I would absolutely love to visit any
> links or read anything anyone has to say about their personal
> experiences with the SB-220, which I am about to spend a lot of money
> lovingly refurbishing in the attempt to learn something about HF
> Amplifiers.   Anything, of course, which does not approach That Which
> We Don't Talk About Anymore.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jeff/KD4RBG

believed to be clean.