[Amps] Uneven tube glow in pair of 3-500z

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Fri May 9 09:00:17 EDT 2008

Tubes sometimes age differently even when they start out in the same amp.
There is also slight differences in cooling flow.

You can test them individually and if one gives close to new output then buy
one new tube.

My tendency would be to run them as is until they drop down below 750-800W
and start over with a fresh pair.

Some have reported that running the filaments at around 7-8V for a half hour
will rejuevanate some tubes.

Carl
KM1H