[Amps] Uneven tube glow in pair of 3-500z

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Fri May 9 09:48:43 EDT 2008

     Examine the tubes closely.
The 3-500z's plate can sometimes be knocked off center slightly if dropped
most likely in shipping.  It is more common in 3-1000Z  and 4-1000A tubes
because they have more massive plates. An off center plate can cause more
current to flow to one side of the plate than the other. If these are EIMAC
tubes they have been around for some time since EIMAC quit making  some
time ago.

73
Bill wa4lav