[Amps] Sheet aluminum

David Cutter d.cutter at ntlworld.com
Fri May 16 00:39:31 EDT 2008

If this is just the rf deck and not containing heavy things like
transformers, you will probably do with 2mm thick 6082 for most of the work,
unless you are trying to make it as light as possible.  If you are, then
look carefully at the stresses on the panel in question and you could
probably reduce to 1.5 or even 1mm in some places.  If you do this, you
might need to beef up only small areas with a second small plate.  If you
want to stop a large panel from flexing you can pop rivet a piece of quarter
or half inch angle diagonally across the panel.  Panels above a certain area
(can't remember exactly but it's around a square foot from old BS and UL
standards) you should consider not going less than 1.5mm for impact
resistance if on the other side there are high voltage components or devices
that if impacted could lead to a dangerous condition.  Here again you can
beef up with angle.

David
G3UNA