[Amps] Future of higher power transmitting tubes..............

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Wed May 21 14:25:32 EDT 2008

Simple, cycle the 3-500's thru your amp once a year or so. Eimac had a
problem in the mid to late 80's with leakage and plate welds breaking.

Ive yet to see a 572B with seal leakage, even with late 60's date codes.
Some that have been severely overheated will become contaminated.

Some ceramic tubes are also prone to leakage so consider setting up a
maintenance program.

Carl
KM1H