[Amps] OT: 4 square query

David Cutter d.cutter at ntlworld.com
Thu Nov 6 01:48:51 EST 2008

In my modelling exercises with 4 squares I have found that almost anything
near a 4 square will upset it and it doesn't have to be even near resonance.
>From memory, anything from about 0.3 of the height.  Other masts and towers
have a bad effect on f/b but not much on gain as such.  This works out in
practice, too.  At my contest site (G6M, G6MC, I'm not there anymore) I got
poor directivity in one direction with other towers when on the 80m 4square.

I developed a passive array which is not affected and I am hopeful can be
arranged as nested set for several bands.  It's all theory at this stage but
I'll try it on higher bands first where I have the land to try it.

David
G3UNA