[Amps] Intro and a query - which amp?

Gary McAdams g.m.mcadams at comcast.net
Fri Nov 7 18:06:59 EST 2008

Steve,

I just went through the same process. While the AL-1200 and 1500 are
good amps, the entry price is a bit too steep.

Have you looked at the AL-82?

After much consideration, I went with the AL-82, and so far, admittedly
only a month or so into it, the AL-82 does what I need it to do. About
1500 watts out on most bands some more, some less, when driven with my
Pro-III. Easier and cheaper to replace 3-500ZG's in case you manage to
blow a tube. No worries about overdrive. Easy tuning. Low noise from the
blower...

Many reasons to go with the -82 plus its closer to your bucget.

73 Gary