[Amps] SB-220 saga continues

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Nov 9 15:38:41 EST 2008

Hi Larry.  Why do you put an ammeter in series with the center conductor of
the key line and see how much current it is drawing when in the transmit
condition.  I would guess it would be somewhere around 100 to 150ma @ 26V,
which I think the Mark V can handle all day long. I don't know what the MkV
rating is but my FT1000D is good for 2A @ 30VDC!

Bob  W6TR