[Amps] SB-220 saga continues

Gary Smith Gary at doctorgary.net
Sun Nov 9 21:12:53 EST 2008

> Pete,
>
> I'm interested to know about vacuum relays in an SB220.  Details?
>
>     -Rex-
>
> Rex Lint, Consultant
>      26 Brek Drive
>      Merrimack, NH 03054
>      PH:    603-860-7651

Contact Rich Measures, I made a QSK board using optoisolators & a
jennings relay that he provided the schemetics for. I used that with
my SB220 and it worked flawlessly for years. I finally sold the amp
after 10 years of hard use and the QSK board and the tubes were in
fine shape when I sold that amp. Only perpetual bugger with that amp
was the bandswitch. I finally made my own switching Arrangement which
was much heftier & didn't arc & die.

2Nd heathkit kit for me, the first was a H-8 I built and ran a
bulletin board on.

Gary
KA1J