[Amps] [ham_amplifiers] The quality of Chinese 811A and 572B

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Fri Nov 14 09:09:18 EST 2008

Which brand names does that manufacturer build the tubes for?

There are many complaints about quality and performance of 572B's in
that they do not work well or reliably in amps that were designed to use
the USA built Cetron tubes.

The main problem appears to be with parasitics. Ask your engineers if
they have tested this and designed an appropriate parasitic suppressor
compatible with their 572B design which is not the same as a 1970's
Cetron.

If they can modify their tube design to be an exact equivalent to the
Cetron that will solve most of the problems. The remaining one is
quality control before the tube leaves the factory.

Carl
KM1H