[Amps] A small Amplifier query

Radio WC6W wc6w_amps at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 16 13:42:35 EST 2008

  I've been slowly working on a curious project where I want to drive a 4-400A in Class C over the range of 1.8-30MHz from a solid 1 watt at 50 ohms (broadband solid state source).

  Given the relatively high input impedance of the 4-400A, circa 10K ohms, and its required neutralization, it appears that a parallel L/C circuit with bridge neutralization is indicated.  It will probably require about 10 watts drive including circuit losses.

  Now, the question.  What is the best/easiest way to bridge the gap between the above source (1 watt in 50 ohms) and the tube (10 watts at 10K ohms)?

  It would be nice to keep the number of tuned components to a minimum.

73 & Good morning,
   Marv WC6W

http://wc6w.50webs.com/

P.S. --   Not intending to predjudice any original thinking but, my best tentative solution is to use something like an ol' 5763 or 2E26, with an L network between the solid state source and a swamped grid (circa 1K ohms), and its plate circuit sharing the 4-400A input circuit tank.

*