[Amps] Active Antenna Tuners

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Mon Nov 17 11:07:03 EST 2008

By having a fairly low Q tank as well as over 1300pf of Load C on 80M it
makes life easy.

I use a LK-500ZC and 76PA and I have no problems moving around on any
part of 160/80/75. Plenty of adjustment range to keep grid current well
below ratings.

I refuse to use a tuner, just adds problems. A 4:1 VSWR on those bands
is meaningless unless you are using hundreds of feet of RG-58.

Carl
KM1H