[Amps] SB-221 parasitic supression upgrade kit

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Thu Nov 20 17:43:54 EST 2008

Dirt, especially in already arced cap plates dont get better with use.
Enough times and it takes out switch contacts.

Find a 10-12pf 1KV silver mica or a 2-5kV ceramic doorknob and wire it
directly across the 40-20M switch contacts. This will snub the very high
open circuit RF voltages that cause 99% of SB-220 problems and not
phantom parasitics.

You may have to spread the 10M coil section a bit to be able to tune.

Carl
KM1H