[Amps] 2 tube amp, 1 or 2 supplies?

Martin Sole msole at loxinfo.co.th
Sat Nov 22 19:43:33 EST 2008

I don't recall this situation ever being addressed before but perhaps
there are things I should consider before trying it. Would appreciate
your thoughts.

I have a pile of bits, tubes, sockets, other assorted parts, certainly
more than enough to build a 2 tube amp. The tubes are like 4CX350's so a
single tube amp seems hardly worth it beyond an exercise. So two
tetrodes, one amp. Now to the power supplies. I have a number of ready
built up supplies. Each was designed to power a single one of these
tubes. My choices are:

1.   Use the power supply parts, and build a single supply to power the
pair of tubes by combining parts in the typical way.
2.   Use two supplies one powering each tube and feeding through
separate RF chokes but with the RF paralleled as usual.

Which way would you approach this?

Thanks

Martin, HS0ZED