[Amps] how to measure tank

Gudguyham at aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Sun Nov 30 10:14:57 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/30/2008 10:11:39 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
w5kp at hughes.net writes:

I have a  question about the other end of an amp. I don't own a monitor,
but could  an MFJ-259 be used to tweak the bandswitched input tuning
coils of an  AL-811 by sweeping the input (while keeping the keying relay
manually  closed)?
Jerry W5KP

The best way is to set the amp up into a dummy load with an swr in between
the rig and input of amp, and adjust the input coils for low SWR while
transmitting.  There Al-811 amp comes factory set and if it needs any  adjustment,
should be very little.  Doing a static adjustment with a MFJ,  may get close, it
won't be as exact as doing it while actually  transmitting.  Lou
AOL.com.