[Amps] Alpha 9500 Versus ACOM 2000A

Jeffrey Okamitsu w3kl at w3kl.com
Wed Oct 1 17:51:35 EDT 2008

I'm considering acquiring an autotune amplifier.  I prefer a tube amp and not a solid-state amp.

The choices, as I see it, are between the Alpha 9500 and the ACOM 2000A.

I am looking for **objective** input on both products, especially from those who have either owned both or have done a side-by-side comparison.

Keys decision factors for me are:

1) Reliability.
2) Ease of use.
3) Minimum drive power at full legal limit.
4) Output purity.

I will be using the amp for contesting as well as DXing on all bands from 160 m through 10 m (excluding 60 m and 30 m of course).

Thanks in advance for your input.

Jeff

Jeffrey K. Okamitsu, PhD, MBA
+1-609-638-5402