[Amps] Gluing blue plastic?

Radio WC6W wc6w_amps at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 12:32:07 EDT 2008

QST

  I've got a translucent sky blue plastic gear that, unnecessarily because of some way too thin 1mm cross section in critical places, cracked in half in one of my radio thingy's.  I've no clue as to its composition.

  I made a little brass collar to fit around the hub to hold it back together but, I'm going to also glue it

  The question is:
    Should I use "Instant Super Glue" (cyanoacrylate)?
      or
     Epoxy?
      or
     One of the acetone based plastic cements?

73 & Good morning,
  Marv WC6W

http://wc6w.50webs.com/

*