[Amps] GI-7b issues

Jim Kennedy kennedyjp at cableone.net
Tue Sep 9 17:55:34 EDT 2008

Hi Bob, I can only echo what Larry and the rest have said about cooling
GI-7B's. I converted my Henry 6&2 amp from the almost not existent
8874's to GI-7B's and dedicated 2 meter amp and found that the original
cooling was not near enough. The original blower just couldn't provide
enough air to prevent thermal drift. I replaced the original blower with
one that provided more volume and also additional cooling on top of the
chassis which resolved the problem. I have been running the amp now for
over a year on WSJT meteor scatter and EME without any further issues at
700+ out. There just isn't any substitute for lots of air.

Jim W6OUU DN22