[Amps] SB-220 PROBLEM (FINAL)

Gudguyham at aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Wed Sep 17 04:59:00 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/16/2008 7:50:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
km1h at jeremy.mv.com writes:

Perseverance works

In the very beginning of all this, My first impression of the problem, the
plate meter moving as soon as power was applied to the mains through a variac,
was that the meter was acting like it would if you swiped your finger across
the  cover of the meter, often times, the meter will react to that static
electricity  that is created.  I was suspicious of the meter picking up stray
electricity from the get go, but I did not want to believe that the transformer
was bad.  Of course that was going to be the most expensive repair that  could
happen.  I guess I was only kidding myself.   Lou