[Amps] 1/4" shaft connectors

Roger (K8RI) sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Fri Sep 26 20:33:21 EDT 2008

EP Swynar wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> I just clicked onto that site you mentioned, & looked-up their shaft
> couplers...
>
> Do I understand correctly that their most INEXPENSIVE coupler costs a
> whopping $9.30...EACH?! If that's correct --- and I think that it is --- all
> I can say is that I'm still catching my breath...

I just replaced the plastic window in a small radio. It's about 6" wide
by 3/4" high. It has 3 small words stenciled on it with one 1/8" hole
and a half moon cutout about 1/2" across. List price was $206. OTOH it
did say King KY197, but still...

I need to figure out how to replace those big glass frequency read outs
in my Hallicrafters 101 series receivers with plastic.

BTW if those couplings are of Brass, anything using copper has almost
tripled in price over the last two years.  If you want sticker shock
price 3/4 and 1" copper pipe. OTOH I use a lot of square, steel tubing
welded up for frames and fixtures.  It's more than doubled in just over
a year.

73

Roger (K8RI)