[Amps] Silver plating

Steve Thompson g8gsq at eltac.co.uk
Fri Apr 10 00:10:39 PDT 2009

Clock restorers use something that works the same for resilvering
chapter rings and other brass parts. Basically it's silver nitrate
and salt. They also usually use a 'finisher' powder which (I
think) is to neutralise acidity. I'm told sodium bicarbonate works
fine for that.

Somewhere I have an old HR or QST article describing how to plate
using spent photographic fixer. Probably not so easy to come by
these days.

Steve