[Amps] multiple supplies in series

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Sun Apr 12 14:53:46 PDT 2009

The Continental supplies do this, and also can switch on and off at 70 Khz or so, so as to be able to recreate audio voltage at the anode of a PA tube.This does high level plate modulation.

I'm working with one that will make 45 kV, at 40 Amps, without handling audio control voltage. It is strictly the plate voltage power supply. It has 96 x 1.2 kV modules stacked in series. The big transformers each have multitude of isolated secondary windings. Some are turned off at all times, but the exact modules that are 'zeroed' move around the circuit. Four transformers each about 6 feet long, 5 feet tall, with 24 windings on each one. Primary voltage is 4160 VAC three phase. It is a big power supply, walk in with chain link fencing around it.

73
John
K5PRO