[Amps] RE K2RIW 2 Meter Amp.

Ian White GM3SEK gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Mon Apr 20 23:20:17 PDT 2009

Carl wrote:
>On a VHF forum a guy just built a 432 version and K2RIW himself was
>talking him thru it.
>
>I have a 2M version I built in the 60's still on a shelf as a backup in
>case the 3CX1000A7 amp dies. Originally for AM it was changed to a
>linear after a few years when SSB took off on 2M.
>
>Dick was way ahead of anyone else in getting efficiency on 432. There
>were also at least 2 commercial companies building clones for 144, 220,
>and 432.
>
>Carl
>KM1H

Absolutely right - the K2RIW amplifier for 432MHz was a revolution in
VHF/UHF amp design and construction. Everything about it was new,
different and better.

But for the record, did you guys really mean a 2m - repeat, 2m - version
that was designed, built and published by K2RIW himself? If so, please
can someone provide the reference?

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK