[Amps] SB-1000 tuning question

KB0NLY kb0nly at mchsi.com
Wed Apr 22 12:43:02 PDT 2009

5:1?  Why even bother running an amp if your SWR is that high.  That's a lot
of reflected power back into the shack and on your feedline.

I know a guy that runs an amp with a huge antenna mismatch and guys that
hear me at 100w with a properly tuned antenna can't hear him for crap.  He
isn't making efficient use of his power.  Run all the power you want, but
there is no substitute for a good antenna to connect to it.

Scott