[Amps] High SWR

Jeff Carter amps at hidden-valley.com
Thu Apr 23 11:15:38 PDT 2009

Nothing brought home standing waves to me like a slotted line.  I haven't seen
one of those since college, though.

You can look at all the simulations in the world, but actually seeing the
minimums and maximums on a line can't be beat for getting the concept
through.  It's a shame that more folks didn't get to see those things.

Couldn't the average ham, especially those with enough engineering savvy to
build or work on amplifiers set up a Lecher Line apparatus?  I'm not sure
what you'd use for a bulb nowadays that wouldn't affect the readings, though.
Maybe a regular bulb would be good enough for the concept.

Sounds like a good QST article, if somebody hasn't already done it.

Jeff/KD4RBG