[Amps] Cleaning Cigarette tar....?

Jeff Carter amps at hidden-valley.com
Sat Aug 1 19:27:01 PDT 2009

I second this.  In fact, Don may be a little modest here.  Scrubbing
Bubbles is the best all purpose cleaner for PCB boards and electronic
assemblies I've ever found in 20+ years of fooling around with
electronics.

It will cut dried, sticky Coca-Cola residue, for example.  It's what I
used to use to repair TV remotes that went for a swim in somebody's
drink.  Spray the board down in the sink, leave it for a few minutes,
come back and rinse it off with tap water.  Place the now-clean board
in the sunshine or dry thoroughly with a hair dryer and you're good to
go.

People don't think about it, but modern electronic parts are
water-tight.  You're not going to drown a transistor.

Jeff/KD4RBG