[Amps] Plate Bypass Capacitor

Robert Groh rgroh at swbell.net
Tue Aug 4 12:33:11 PDT 2009

I would strive to keep the total capacity as close to 0.1 uF as possible with, of course, the appropriate voltage rating.  The capacitor value, per se, is not that critical but (for example) a 0.05 uF disk ceramic would be preferable to a 0.01 uF.  Disk ceramics (non-NPO variety) do exhibit some capacity variation with changes in voltage which does not (to my knowledge) occur with a paper. However disk ceramics have a long and successful history in exactly the type of service you are talking about so I am probably being way over cautious here.

So fine for use of disk ceramics.  Use multiples to get close to 0.1 uF (or at least I would!).

73
Bob, WA2CKY