[Amps] 240V Outlet

Martin A Flynn maflynn at att.net
Sun Aug 9 11:50:54 PDT 2009

Glen,
That's a valid point.   Safety first.  What thwarts this is that for
most installs,  the receptacle is behind the desk or the amp, and not
accessible in an emergency.

In my case, I picked up a 100A Square D contactor on eBAY that is
installed  upstream of the sub-panel that feeds the shop & shack outlets
(lighting is another circuit in the main panel)  The concept is from the
ARRL handbook which recommended a conspicuously marked master switch to
shutdown the shack.    Wife & kids know if anything is amiss, hit the
red button by the door.

Martin