[Amps] plate bypass capacitor

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Sun Aug 9 14:06:53 PDT 2009

Bill,

"Normal way opposite reactances in parallel combine in a non-resonant
manner"? what does that mean?

Calculate 100 microhenries in parallel with a 75 pf capacitor. I think that
you will find it to be resonant at around 1.8 MHz.

Why would you think that the choke can not be operated in a parallel
resonant mode? It is no different than placing any other inductor of proper
value in its place and tuning it to resonance.

73
Gary  K4FMX