[Amps] 240V Outlet

David C. Hallam dhallam at rapidsys.com
Sun Aug 9 17:30:12 PDT 2009

I have never looked into the problem but reconfiguring the Invader 2000
to lift the neutral off the chassis might be a major effort.  It uses
two separate power supplies on interconnected chassis.  The supply for
the 200 watt exciter section is a separate PS with its 120V supply
derived from a outlet mounted on the HV chassis.  It was made this way
because the Invader was supplied in two versions; 200W and 2000W.  The
200W version could be user converted to the 2000W version by removing
the 200W PS from the cabinet and mounting it on the 2000W PS chassis and
simply plugging the line cord into a chassis mounted outlet.  In the
cabinet space where the 200W PS was removed a complete amplifier chassis
with a pair of PL-175's was installed.  In both the 200W version and the
2000W version, the exciter section is connected to 200W PS by an
external cable.

David
KC2JD/4