[Amps] I need transfer switch information

jimsmitheguard-a at yahoo.com jimsmitheguard-a at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 10 19:51:54 PDT 2009

Ken,
I hope you look a little deeper for answers than just the one or two line answers you've been getting. This is a complex issue that is the subject of many white papers. Let me know if you can't find one on the web, and I'll dig something up for you.

You need to consider whether you want a static, or delayed transition automatic switch, or a manual switch. You need to consider whether you want a solid neutral, make before break (overlapping neutral), or an open transition neutral. There are reasons for each of these, and consequences. Each requires a different grounding technique.

Jim Smith, EE
KQ6UV