[Amps] more observations on the QSK-5

Billy Cox aa4nu at ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 14 19:28:04 PDT 2009

Hi Lon,

I have run a pair of AL1200's here for more than 20 years, both have
the internal QSK boards and the amp does NOT have to be on to use
the transceiver ... the QSK boards are two different 'generations' ...
and have been used with several makes/models xcvrs over the years.

Not sure why yours is requiring the amp to be ON ...

73 de Billy, AA4NU