[Amps] Measuring HV thread

kingwood k5jv at kingwoodcable.com
Sun Aug 16 10:40:36 PDT 2009

Greetings to all,

        Those of you who went to Dayton probably saw the HI voltage
voltmeter I had in my trailer.  It came out of Peter Dahl's shop.  It read
in steps of 0 to 5,000, 25,000, and 50,000 volts.  It had a ten inch custom
meter.  The HI voltage test point was an eight inch long porcelain
stand-off.  The voltage multiplier string was in a separate plastic
(probably Delran, or some other magic insulator) box filled with transformer
oil.

        I got many comments about it, but no one took it home.  So, I did,
and have intended to scrap it out and use the transformer oil in dummy
loads.

        Those of you who have ordered special Hi voltage transformers from
Peter Dahl, had them tested on this, home made, instrument.

73 de Lon, K5JV

1110 Golden Bear Ln.
Kingwood, TX 77339

281-358-4207