[Amps] Design VS parasitic

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 23 17:24:35 PDT 2009

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 08:28:50 -0500, "kingwood" <k5jv at kingwoodcable.com> wrote:

>        Now, if we know the frequency of this unloaded parasitic, why can't
>we build a trap, or load, inside the final compartment to absorb it before
>it does any damage?

REPLY:

You are missing the fundamental purpose of a parasitic suppressor. It does not
"trap", "load" or "absorb" the parasitic. Instead, its job is to  reduce the
gain at the parasitic frequency enough so the tube will not oscillate.

It is all a matter of gain. Not "loading", "trapping" or "absorbing" the
parasitic. If the parasitic suppressor does its job of reducing gain correctly,
there won't be any parasitic oscillation present to be "laded", "trapped" or
"absorbed".

73, Bill W6WRT