[Amps] topic

Herzog herzog at frontiernet.net
Thu Aug 27 15:34:44 PDT 2009

the
 > grid-to-cathode impedance is nearly an open circuit" and paraphrased
that
 > as
 > "very high". Did I err?
 >====
I d say so since we arent discussing the Super Cathode circuit.
=======================================
Herzog says the topics changing to know what is being talked about.  I
heard some guy talk about the rf input impedance, not taking in
consideration that it varies all over the RF cycle; and others not
saying whether they mean average impedance, RMS info based, or if a
tuned circuit used to make some of these the same, at what power level,
as that too counts.   And after you have a number, what the heck do you
do with it to make a better transmitter.  After years of pondering, I
came up with the usefulness of the RF cycle untuned version, and how it
relates to the driver.  Conclusion is that the flat topping of
transistor drivers compensates for the peakedness of the cathode driven
tube, to get 45 DB IM in a rig that gave 25 db for the driver, and 30 db
as best for the tube.  Magic.  K 2 L B.