[Amps] peers

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Aug 30 20:25:53 PDT 2009

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 04:18:26 -0700, Bill, W6WRT wrote:

>Peer reviews should be done before publication, not after.

That is part of the definition of a peer-reviewed publication. That
is, the article is reviewed by experts in the field for technical
accuracy.

Contrary to what the popular and various interest groups press would
like you to believe, real science is not a matter of opinion, but
rather of disciplined study and research to learn how things work.
Depending on the matter at hand, it may be thoroughly understood by
those who have done sufficient study, or it may be something that
the human race is still working on learning about it.

Email lists are NOT peer reviewed, but they are subject to review by
a lot of folks, some of whom are basing their understanding on real
knowledge and extensive study, some on what they've heard, and some
on pure intuition. If you're a member of any group for long enough,
you tend to figure out who is in which camp and apply a BS filter
when needed. :)  We do the same thing when we read reviews on eham,
and on the movie page of the local newspaper, or the so-called "news
channels."

73,

Jim K9YC