[Amps] Decent HF directional coupler for RF power meas.

Jim Barber audioguy at charter.net
Wed Dec 2 22:21:30 PST 2009

Not to start any trouble here, but what about the newer
software-compensated meters/directional couplers sold in the ham market?

A quote from a well-known model's marketing material:
"Power accuracy is better than 5% at any frequency from ~1W to maximum,
3% typical with NIST traceable factory calibration"

Assuming 3%-5% is fine and dandy for my uses, do these sound like
achievable numbers? After watching the Bird comments go by (and having a
small investment in Bird equipment) I'm starting to check labels... ;-)

Thanks and 73,
Jim, N7CXI