[Amps] Advice

k7rdx k7rdx at charter.net
Thu Dec 3 15:06:28 PST 2009

A single YC-156 if run at 6kv will make a pair of 8877`s look meek...And
that`s with 100 watts drive...The 3CX3000A7 makes good suds too but requires
about double the drive of the 156.Only drawbacks (IMO) of the 156 is 6+
minutes heater warm-up,and plate C limits high efficiency on the bands above
20 meters..Also be prepared to invest serious $ for a capable HVPS.I just
finished deck #4 since building the first in 2006 and still enjoy working
with the 156..Pics availiable to anyone interested..Jim..K7RDX..