[Amps] GI-7B

Jeff Blaine AC0C keepwalking188 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 5 11:12:40 PST 2009

Mike,

The tube will run at that voltage (it's pulse rated at something like 7KV or
whatever so the problem of internal arc should not be the factor), but in my
evaluation of a pair running from 1800v - 3100v, the "sweet spot" of
efficiency is around 2500-2650.  I'm not sure why, but voltages much above
this the tube efficiency seems to drop.  And in my application (RTTY
mostly), efficiency is the name of the game because you only have 700w of
total Pd.

73/jeff/ac0c