[Amps] Advice

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sat Dec 5 21:40:46 PST 2009

The current Eimac data sheet gives the cooling requirements
at sea level as:

   Anode    CFM      Pressure
   Diss              In. Water
---------------------------------
   400        6        0.09
   600       11        0.20
   800       19        0.50

However, the original (1983) Eimac data sheet for the 3CX800
gave the following:

   Anode    CFM      Pressure
   Diss              In. Water
---------------------------------
   800       19        0.35

> The cooling requirements are the same per watt of dissipation
> for the 8877 as they are for the 3CX800.

Not according to the Eimac data sheet (1971) for the 8877

   Anode    CFM      Pressure
   Diss              In. Water
    500     7.7        0.10
   1000    20.3        0.23

Each of the points has a different cfm/W value:
     6/400 <> 19/800 <> 7.7/500 <> 20.3/1000

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV