[Amps] FW: Decent HF directional coupler for RF power meas.

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Mon Dec 7 17:01:38 PST 2009

While that accuracy may be good for general tasks around the ham shack it
comes no where near what is needed to do any kind of decent calibration.
When changing from 60 to 70 db attenuators and getting .2 db difference I
would wonder what the error would be at different levels.

If you don't know that your attenuator is any better than .5 db and then you
add that error to the calibration source you are not any closer than a bird
wattmeter again.

73
Gary  K4FMX