[Amps] transformer duty cycle

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Tue Dec 8 15:09:50 PST 2009

SSB with a processor runs around a 50% duty cycle. A 60-65% CCS rating of
key down CW should be fine. Use a small fan, its cheap insurance. Some of
the smaller amps use a 40% rating.

The Peter Dahl Alpha 77SX with two 8877's transformer is rated at 60% of
CCS. It weighs 49# and is a Hypersil design.

My 7500W CCS modulation transformer weighs 145kg!!

Carl
KM1H