[Amps] OM power power supply design

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Dec 10 06:37:56 PST 2009

> Yees!!
> This is an FB configuration. I have one operating in conjunction with a
> 4-1000 at the 1kW level and it works beautifully. It rids you of bleeder
> resistors and high voltage capacitors.

   I don't understand how bleeder resistors are no longer needed.  (which can also serve
as the P.S. Volt meter multiplier)
   Many HP amplifiers use stacked low voltage capacitors so I don't see a difference.
I prefer high Voltage paper capacitors, I have always found they last much longer.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - I'm proud to be Chuck's pop!