[Amps] Excessive Plate Voltage Henry 2KD-5

Roland AH6RR Toesonnose at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Dec 12 17:07:46 PST 2009

Aloha Val,
Thanks for the reply. The repairs I did were replace the power cord hooked-up for 220V, all the High-Voltage wire as the old was dry and cracked. Some of the bleeder resistors had some bad solider connections so I repaired them they are all good R9 seems to be good I get continuity through it. I did test the voltage on the transformer before I reinstalled the HV filter bank and it checked fine @ 3100V with a Simpson 260 & a 5000V probe. It did not blow any fuses or trip the main breaker just smoked a filter cap and shorted one. I do belive it is the filter caps are just too old and have been sitting too long.
Thanks for the reply
Roland AH6RR