[Amps] Gonset GSB201

Bill K2OWR k2owr at comcast.net
Mon Dec 14 12:06:27 PST 2009

:::: I've had this thing for over 45 years, using it on and off. Sometimes "off" for ten years at a time.
It's always been reliable, but not without it's problems.
The untuned input is hated by modern solid state xcvrs; the 110 volt AC only makes the lights dim and reduces output; and the bandswitch has long ago given up on ten meters, and now arcing over on some others.

I will absolutely buy a new(er) amp, but until then, I'd love to get this old boat anchor healthy again.

The Bandswitch seems to be the only thing impossible to find.
Anyone got a good source for this thing....I'm not afraid of "fudging" one that's close, but if I'm going to do it, I'd like a more rugged one. It's listed in the schematic as a 7 position wafer switch.
 It seems to be a fairly simple 7 position, 2 wafer ceramic switch.....but unquestionably too light duty.