[Amps] Russian Power Tubes

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 15 20:17:22 PST 2009

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:22:38 -0500, "David H Craig" <davidhcraig at verizon.net>
wrote:

>        I guess empircal evidence isn't germain to this discussion.... must
>be flat-earth "theory."    I have some PE friemds that run close to 5KV on
>the plate of a pair of GS35Bs on 50 MHz... again. I assume it irrelevant to
>the "theory" gods.
>        Dave N3DB

REPLY:

You are right, it is not relevant and I'll tell you why.

Manufacturers often make production runs of a particular part which can and do
vary slightly from one run to another.  Just because one run of a part will
withstand say, 133% overvoltage, does not mean the next run will, even though
all parts meet specs. Wise designers know this and stick to the specs.

73, Bill W6WRT