[Amps] Alternative cooling strategies for SB-220?

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Wed Dec 16 21:50:55 PST 2009

The 3-500 is an easy tube to cool as it only takes a breeze to do so.
Adding chimneys and blowing the air up around them certainly makes the
cooling more efficient.
Also the remote blower with ducting to the amp mentioned earlier can
easily be used with these tubes and is the quietest of the lot where the
mechanical means is used. I'd probably use something a bit different
than a dryer hose, but you can move a lot of air that way.
The water cooling is easily adapted to some of the Russian tubes as the
finned anode cooler is removable on many of them including the GS-35B.
Also the vapor phase cooling (with distilled water) would be, or could
be very efficient.

73

Roger (K8RI)