[Amps] Alternative cooling strategies for SB-220?

Bill W5WVO w5wvo at cybermesa.net
Thu Dec 17 12:19:06 PST 2009

After reading all the suggestions (serious and otherwise), I am
left with only one really appropriate and practical option: Leave
it the way it is.

(a) The tubes ARE graphite anode 3-500Zs, and (b) I do operate
mostly WSJT digital modes, full carrier 30 seconds on/off, or in
the case of EME, one minute on/off. So maximum cooling is
required. I'm not comfortable with slowing down the fan given
these two realities. I will just have to live with the noise.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys, both on and off the reflector.

Bill W5WVO