[Amps] Question about GS-35b efficiency

David H Craig davidhcraig at verizon.net
Thu Dec 17 20:51:09 PST 2009

    I see you found pragmatism (real-world) trumps "specs".  My in-use 6m
GS35b is 55% efficient, measured "old method" with 4400vdc on the plate &
<150-vdc drop full-load.  57% (including power added), with just .550 amp
plate current.  Oh well, so much for the spec sheet (remember that
issue?)...  Bottom line, the GS35b tube is under-rated for B+... But no,
can't be, right, huh????  Oh, yeh, BTW, my idle current in .200 amps as
well.

    Dave N3DB