[Amps] Does Ameritron have the industrys worse customer service?

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Fri Dec 18 14:42:09 PST 2009

Carl wrote:
> The MFJ corporate entity IS a big company.
>
> The problem is that Mr MFJ himself is too cheap to make any improvements in
> customer service or product quality in some cases.
>
> He is well aware of the phone problem as Ive personally told him that
> several times in the past at Dayton.  Nothing has changed.
>
> Ameritron, Vectronics, Hi Gain and Mirage were easy to reach and deal with
> when they were independent. So was Cushcraft under some levels of management
> and ownership. The jury is still out at MFJ.

I usually stay well away from these, but in this case:

Bout 5 or 6 years back ...maybe a bit more, I went round and round with
MFJ. Never did get anything changed.
OTOH when I had the problem with the HyGain AV640, I sent them an e-mail
with a few questions.  It took about a week to get an answer with them
actually calling me.  They were very helpful with suggestions, and service.

73

Roger (K8RI)